Accomplished. Involved. Inspired.
Click the links above and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
40 Day of Life
Right to Life March
Right to Life
Right to Life Week
AOL celebrated Right to Life week, which was sponsored by the Right to Life Club. The overall theme of the week was "We are one family, how we treat others matters." The club chose the following themes to elevate the awareness of how others are treated in today's society. ( Monday - diversity, Tuesday - respecting the disabled, Wednesday - respecting the elderly, Thursday - bullying, Friday - self respect.) The club sold spiritual adoptions. Spiritual adoptions are certificates that represent the souls of the babies which are aborted. There was a display in the courtyard reminding the students of all the lives lost and the lives that could be saved by our prayers. Right to Life also sponsored a fundraiser for the Women's New Life Center.
Promote the dignity and quality of life for all people from the moment of conception to natural death.
- To foster respect and dignity for all people
- Organize activities and programs promoting awareness
- To promote the Right to Life principles of establishing a civil society in which all persons are safe and protected, especially the weak and defenseless
- Provide education
- Participate in various service opportunities
- To become an active voice in legislative reform
- Participation in the yearly March for Life in Washington, D.C.
- Send letters to all members of our legislature (representatives, congressmen, senators, etc.)
- Stay informed of current legislature affecting dignity and quality of life
- We are members of the National Right to Life Organization that was founded in 1973 in response to a United States Supreme Court decision released on January 22 of that year, legalizing the practice of human abortion in all 50 states, throughout the entire nine months of pregnancy.
- We are members of the Louisiana Right to Life Federation, which is the state's largest and most influential Pro-Life organization.
- We work closely with the New Orleans Right to Life Organization who provides educational opportunities for us throughout the school year.
We are governed and abide by the rules and regulations set forth for all club organizations at the Academy of Our Lady High School.
Chloe Washington: President
Alexis Laurent: Vice President
Katrina Thaibinh – secretary
Antionette Berger – Treasurer and P.R. chair
Emily Hill – Historian
Courtney Roberts – Executive committee chair