We at Academy of Our Lady believe this will be an awarding and exciting extra curriculum activity that will teach teamwork, leadership, dedication, school spirit, sportsmanship and hard work. Being chosen as a Penguin Cheerleader will be an honor and privilege.
As a Penguin cheerleader, you will be in the forefront as a representative of Academy of Our Lady and will be expected to adhere by our school code of conduct, with honor at all times, both on and off the campus. It is important that you are aware of the high level of commitment that is required and the standard of excellence that is expected from each of the team members. Before completing the registration packet please consider the following:
- Cheerleading requires after school commitments nearly every day of the week all year long as well as in the evenings and on weekends for sporting events, practices, fundraisers and school events. In the height of the various sport seasons, it is not uncommon to have 2 or more evening sporting events.
- Cheerleaders will include all HOME volleyball, basketball games and on some occasions, include soccer, softball, away games and state play-off games. Along with pep rallies and school performances. Cheering obligations extend into the spring (April).
- Penguin Cheer team will compete in cheer competition starting in December. At this time, we are undecided if we will have a separate competition team. Details for the competitions and competition team will be decided after cheer camp.
- Being a cheerleader involves significant financial obligations. Please be aware that this can be costly, however we work very hard in finding ways to fundraise and each member will have ample opportunity to raise money for herself.
- Cheerleaders will NOT be replaced during the school year if they quit or lose their position on the team. By participating in tryouts, you are presenting yourself as someone who plans to work hard consistently for the benefit of the team and remain committed for the entire school year.
- All cheerleaders are required to attend the mandatory summer NCA camp, all stunt camps or other cheer clinics, competitions and choreography. A calendar of all cheer activities will be given out after try-outs. Please schedule your summer plans around mandatory camps and clinics.
- We will also practice, tumble and fundraise during the summer.